- each coach or Leader in Running Fitness
- each technical official
- anyone who has undertaken a welfare and safeguarding course but still needs to complete a DBS check
- a licensed guide runner.
2. BAAC appoints at its AGM a Club Welfare Officer who is a core member of the club committee that meets monthly. The identification of this officer is done on the basis of their own competence and training in the field, their regular attendance at club training sessions, and their approachability and availability to members who may wish to raise a concern.
3. BAAC provides a safeguarding course for all relevant persons.
4. The club’s Welfare Officer operates in close association with the stadium management team and the welfare officers of the other anchor tenants of Horsfall Stadium and ensures that the club’s own practices conform to those of the stadium.
5. This information is made public to members and on the club website.